METROPOLITAN BAKING COMPANY AT A GLANCE:
- State-of-the-art, fully automated bread, bun and roll bakery.
- 100+ fresh bakery routes canvassing Michigan and the surrounding states, delivering to restaurants, schools, stadiums, institutions, retail establishments on a daily basis.
- Frozen national distribution capability.
- One of the region’s largest wholesale baking companies.
- Wheat Breads, White Breads, Specialty Breads (Rye, Italian, French, Cinnamon Raisin, etc), Pullman Breads, Round Top Breads. Texas Toast, Hot Dog Buns, Hamburger Buns, Sub Rolls, Onion Rolls, Dinner Rolls, Brioche Rolls, etc. The list goes on, please see our products page here.
- The producer of the “Original Coney Island Steamer” hot dog buns. The hot dog bun that is favored by the most famous Coney Islands and formulated specifically for the steam table. It can handle all of the condiments and chili that a Coney Island throws at it without falling apart.
- BRC Global Standards Certification with a AA Score (The highest a bakery can achieve in an announced audit).
Please enjoy the brief overview video to the right to learn more about the exciting things taking place at Metropolitan Baking Company.
We service venues from family style & fast food eateries to upscale elegant restaurants, and offer competitive pricing and efficient reliable services to satisfy all of your bread product needs.
One of the reasons why coney dogs taste so good in Detroit has nothing to do with chili or hot dogs. It’s all about the Buns says “Coney Island Detroit”.
All in the family – father and son carry on Detroit baking tradition – By Rick Asher
With little fanfare, Metropolitan Baking Co. keeps growing – Published by “The Hamtramack Review”
Bakery seeks larger slice of bread market – Published by “Crains Detroit Business”
Kordas’ Metropolitan Baking Company – Published by “Retail Merchandiser”
Alum’s bread, like his family business, rises steadily – Published by Doug McPherson
Al Roker learns the history behind Detroit’s iconic coney hot dogs | Family Style