- Installs, maintains and repairs machines and equipment
- Performs a variety of preventative maintenance on parts, pumps, motors, hydraulic systems and related plant and facility equipment
- Reads, reviews and applies blueprints, schematics and operating manuals to fix, repair and maintain equipment
- Installs, programs, troubleshoots, and maintains control panels, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), motors, motor controllers, transformers, wiring, switches, alarm systems and other equipment.
- Performs a variety of maintenance requiring knowledge of plumbing, electrical, electronic, welding and other skilled trades as appropriate or applicable
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools, equipment and machinery in the maintenance, repair and fabrication of parts, machines and equipment
- Communicates with production, quality control, warehousing and other departments to maintain a safe and effective environment and to ensure quality products
- Effectively support the PM program for the plant while keeping down time at a minimum.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make needed repair on equipment.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED (technical or vocational training a plus)
- 1+ year of experience with electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be a motivated employee within a team oriented environment
- Must be self-directed and able to work without close supervision.
- Must have good electro-mechanical skills and have experience in repairing and maintaining equipment.
- Must own a complete set of mechanic's tools. (Required tool list)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing and /or food processing experience a plus. Bakery experience is a huge plus
8579 Lumpkin St, Hamtramck, MI, 48212
Duties and hours may vary depending on need, but you are guaranteed at least 40 hours per week but the work is averaging 50+
$Based on qualifications & experience
March 20, 2018